Yesterday a package arrived via FedEx. Kyle had told us that it was to be expected, but not what it contained. Our neighbor, James, has been trying to convince me to buy a WebCam, so my first sight of the "gizmo" suggested that it was a WebCam. But, NO! This is an honest-to-goodness digital video camera that is smaller than my Palm. I took it to one of Dad's appointments yesterday, hoping to read the instructions (yes, I am one of those) and take a video or two. The first instruction was to plug it into the computer to charge the battery. I was stuck until we got home and then for seven hours after that. I ended up waiting until this morning, per advice from Beth, and then couldn't get it to turn on. The screen indicated that the battery was fully charged but did nary a thing when I tried to turn it on. To shorten the story by ten or fifteen minutes, I will just say that I had the battery in upside down; once turned over, the camera worked fine. It is such fun and much easier to work than I had anticipated. The videos aren't going to earn any Oscars, but they will provide fun and memories. If I can manage to post them, the first one will be of Dad greeting his family and the second was as I was "putting him to bed" or "The Good Night Kiss." The videos play back just fine on the camera, but the sound is out of sync when I play them back on the computer. You may find that to be so on this blog, as well.
There are several more videos (already), but I feel a bit like the brand new grandma, ready to pounce on any unwary soul, loaded down with a parcel of baby pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I liked them Mom. They were very sweet. Can't wait to see more!
Mom, those were awesome, thanks for sharing . . .
Post a Comment